Episode 8: Deadly Medicine
Scenes from the DVD set's "Final Shooting Script"
that do not appear in the episode.
Maybe it's my medical background, but there were several obvious (to me, at least) errors in this episode, so I thought I'd list them here:
1. Police scanner states "suspect vehicle description two-door domestic, dark blue" when the car actually used is 4-door and light-colored (beige?).
2. When DM disconnects himself from the ER monitors, the ECG machine continues to show a steady heartbeat in the background - it should flatline when he removes the leads.
3. Skull radiographs will show a skull fracture, but not soft tissue injuries like edema or hemorrhage. You need something like an MRI for that.
4. When Barbara is telling Randi that DM was discharged, you can see her nametag says "Madison Jun".
5. I challenge anyone, using any computer program they want, to take a blur and "sharpen" it into a useful image. This defies the laws of . . . pixelation.
6. For the computer nerds, the "program" used to find organizations using omicron is actually a usage/help file for a DOS program called SETFONT.EXE - example: Font changes stipulated in the CONFIG.SYS take effect on boot-up and remain in effect until altered by running DATABASE from the DOS prompt. SETFONT requires DOS version 3.0 or greater.
BARBARA - [re the gurney] But what about--?
WILDER - Barbara, the human body is a wonderful, mysterious puzzle. Sometimes unusual things happen. This is one of them--
BARBARA - We should report this to--
WILDER - We're doctors, not policemen. We can't force anyone to be treated.
BARBARA - [tentative, confused] But he had brain trauma--
WILDER - And he went home under his own power on his own free will.
BARBARA - How?
WILDER - A miracle . . . they do happen. [touching her face] Just let it be. [beat] Please . . . for me.
[She reacts, her judgment clouded by her attraction to him:]
BARBARA - Okay.
TESSA - He's been gone for over three weeks.
HERRALD - Maybe he took a business trip and just forgot to tell you--
RICHIE - For a month?
TESSA - Look, Sergeant Herrald, first your people told me I had to wait seventy-two hours before I could file a missing person's report--
HERRALD - That's the law--
TESSA - Then they said I should come back in two weeks.
HERRALD - I wish I had something to tell you.
RANDI - Hey, look at this... [then, to the cops] Hey!
EXT. ANTIQUE STORE -- DAY -- ESTABLISHING
[An unmarked police car is parked out front.]
INT. ANTIQUE STORE -- DAY
[MacLeod's wallet is on Tessa's desk, enclosed in a plastic baggie. Sergeant Herrald and a uniformed cop stand in front of Tessa and Richie.]
HERRALD - --found at the scene of a murder down at the pier last night.
TESSA - It's been over a month! Where have you been?
MacLEOD - [stunned by that] A month...? That's impossible...
TESSA - Look at today's date--
[She shows him the newspaper; he reacts:]
MacLEOD - My God...
TESSA - Where have you been?
MacLEOD - I... don't know. I just don't ever want to go back-- [re the newspaper] The police think I killed this woman...?
TESSA - They found your wallet near her body. They have witnesses who swear your car was at the scene.
TESSA - Why did Wilder frame you for Barbara's murder?
MacLEOD - So I couldn't go to the police after I escaped from his home.
TESSA - He seemed to have thought of everything.
MacLEOD - Almost.
[Herrald appears next to MacLeod.]
HERRALD - We think so, too.
MacLEOD - I was in the neighborhood.
RANDI - I'm going to get that story, one of these days!
BACK to Transcripts Page
| Home |
| Personal | Tess | TV Shows | Lord of the Rings | Pern |
| Actors | Buffy | Highlander | Transcripts | Fanfiction Links |
|Check out my Sitemap for more 'updates' info.||Last updated: August 9, 2020|